Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Service Learning

May 9th so far what I learned about my group is that I am in a group with a lot of people that have different ideas on how to make food in our school better. So far I learned about my group that nutrtiion is a big part of lunch and by kids not eating healthy alot of bad things can happen. I learned about myself is that when you are working in a group full of females that it sometimes you have to bite your tounge because I already have an attitude problem and I don't need to deal with anyone elses, so I learned about myself is how to control my attitutde and to treat people with the same respect that give me and ot could be good or bad. If I was in charge of the group I would take the whole group out for lunch at the same resturant and see how fast the service went. I would also talk to the principal about doing a petition on better lunches. My plan for May 15 would be to take a class poll to see how many kids in the school have money everyday. Secondly I would write up a letter stating my concerns on the food we get in this school. I looked at a blog on community giving. In this group its talkes about selling ice cream and water ice for children in the hospital, I think thats awesome. You can get water ice or ice cream if you bring in a book. You have to bring in a new or used book for ice cream and they figured this would be easier then them paying five dollars for a book when they can just challenge there peers.

No comments: